Ron Vlaar: No Transfer to Aston Villa


Rotterdam - Last week, Ron Vlaar rumored to be soon joined by Aston Villa. However, recently dismissed the possibility of the Feyenoord defender.

As reported previously, the news that Villa was approaching the 27-year-old central defender was exhaled by Sky Sports. Vlaar had even mentioned that already in the city of Birmingham to negotiate.

But, Vlaar, who has played for six and a half seasons for Feyenoord, has confirmed that he will stay at the club.

"Feyenoord is in my heart. I've been through a lot of things here," he told RTV Rijnmond and quoted by Sky Sports.

"I thought my chance to move to Aston Villa is no longer great."

"I do not want to be in a convoluted situation. Thus, the transfer was not possible chance now," he said.

For the record, Vlaar still have another two-year contract with Feyenoord.

Leave a Reply