Inter can win Serie A title, says Corinthians midfielder Paulinho

The Nerazzurri had to settle for sixth spot in the table last term after a disappointing season, but the 23-year-old, who has been linked with a move to the San Siro, feels they have what it takes to do better this time around.

"I watch a lot of Serie A games. Brazilian TV broadcasts quite a few games and I always try to watch whenever possible. The Scudetto? I think that Inter have what it takes to bounce back and win the Serie A title again," Paulinho stated to Corriere dello Sport.

The midfielder then went on to stress that he is keen to stay with the Copa Libertadores winners for now, so he can play in the Club World Cup in December.

"It was a very difficult decision for me to turn down the chance to move to Europe. I have received a number of offers in the past few months, but in the end the chance to play at the Club World Cup made me decide to stay put.

"The club have made a great effort to convince me to stay, and I feel important here. We'll see what happens in the future."

Paulinho has a contract with Corinthians until June 2014.

Leave a Reply