Inter's Wesley Sneijder hungry to win more prizes

Inter playmaker Wesley Sneijder has insisted that he remains hungry for more trophies, despite winning a glut of silverware already in his playing career.

In an interview with Nike Football, the ambassador for the T90 Laser IV range of boots said, "What I'm looking forward to is winning prizes. I've already experienced many things and I've already won great prizes but of course you're always hungry for more."


"I've still got some years to go and I'm looking forward to it," he added.

Sneijder enjoyed a glorious 2010, inspiring the Nerazzurri to a domestic treble and also leading the Netherlands to the World Cup final. The 27-year old has won domestic titles in Holland, Spain and Italy since he made his debut with Ajax back in 2002.

The Dutch international was speaking at a promotion for the Nike T90 Laser IV boots, which have recently gone on sale. Nike's new boot incorporates 'power' and 'swerve' zones which are designed to flex naturally with ball contact, allowing natural movement of the foot. The new footwear is also being sported by fellow superstars Wayne Rooney & Fernando Torres.

When asked to describe his favourite goal the former Real Madrid star said, "It's very difficult to answer because I have scored great goals but I have also made very important goals.

"I use my instep and sometimes I make goals like that but, of course, sometimes you need some luck as well. The moment you touch the ball, and when it goes in the air, you already know if it's a golden one or not.

"Being decisive is the most important and perfect moments are fantastic," added Sneijder. [Goal.com]

Leave a Reply