Barcelona target Alexis Sanchez: I want to prove that I am a top player

Barcelona target Alexis Sanchez has spoken of his desire to prove himself as a top player, as reports continue to link him with an Udinese exit.

Giampaolo Pozzo, the owner of the Friuli-based club, recently claimed that they would only sell the Chilean for an irresistible offer, and speculation arose that Manchester City had tabled a bid in the region of €30 million, while Barca remain front runners in the chase for his signature.

The 22-year-old is quoted as saying by Sport: "I am happy at Udinese, but I have a burning desire to show that I am a top player."

Sanchez opted to distance himself from rumours of a move, however, and added that his club will make the decision whether to listen to offers.

He added: "Everything that regards the transfer market is down to Udinese, based on what they want and the offers which arrive. I am the last person to ask about these things."

The attacker enjoyed a stellar season in Serie A in 2010-11, with his eye-catching performances helping Udinese qualify for the Champions League play-off round

Leave a Reply