Andrea Pirlo: I want to help Juventus return to winning ways

Andrea Pirlo explained he joined Juventus in order to take the Turin outfit back to the upper echelons of Serie A.

The 32-year-old penned a three-year deal with Juve after spending 10 years at AC Milan and explained his decision to join the struggling giants.

"Why Juventus? Because it is Juventus, alongside Inter and AC Milan, they are the most important teams in Italy, Europe, and the world," he told the press.

"Juve want to win, it's been years since they have won and for me my choice was based on this.

"I want to win, this team is the one with the most will and motivation. The club want to get back to the years of the past with wins in Europe and Italy."

Pirlo went on to say that he was excited about the challenge ahead and that he wants to play in the top flight for years to come.

"I needed more motivation," he said. "Juve gave me this chance. The stimulus to take this club back to the highest levels is massive. I had a rest this season, but now I want to play at the top levels for another four or five years."

Leave a Reply