Del Piero still undecided on next move


Alessandro Del Piero has confessed that he still does not know where he will be plying his trade next season.

The World Cup winner is looking for a club after parting company with Juventus earlier this summer and has been linked with moves to the United States, Argentina and Asia.

Del Piero was in Japan on Saturday for a friendly match arranged to raise funds for those affected by the tsunami which devastated the country last year but when asked about the possibility of him continuing his career in the 'Land of the Rising Sun', the legendary forward was non-committal.

"I still don't know where I will play next season, but the fact that I don't already have a club allowed me to be here tonight, so it was probably destiny that it had to be this way," the 37-year-old told reporters after the charity clash.

"It will be a big decision after 19 years [with Juventus] but I am very serene, and with my next club I will start another great adventure, again with the joy of playing football, as was the case here tonight."

Del Piero, who has 91 Italy caps to his name, joined Juventus from Padova in 1993 and left Turin as the Bianconeri's all-time record goalscorer and appearance holder.

Leave a Reply