Silva keen to pen new Manchester City contract after snubbing Real Madrid

Manchester City playmaker David Silva has revealed that negotiations are underway regarding a new contract at the Emirates, before dismissing rumors that a move to Real Madrid is in the offing.

The Spain international has been instrumental for club and country over the past 12 months, claiming Premier League and Euro 2012 winners’ medals in the process, and an improved five-year deal is rumored.

EPL,David Silva,Manchester City v Arsenal

City officials reportedly met with the 26-year-old’s advisers last week, and the former Valencia winger is now happy to commit his future to the Premier League champions – with a £200,000-a-weel salary touted.

“My home is at City and I am totally satisfied there. My head is not at Real Madrid but at Manchester City,” Silva told the Daily Star. “I’m grateful for my experience at City and I have improved as a player, in every sense, since I joined them. I didn’t know if I was capable of playing like this when I left Valencia.

“I’m on holiday right now, but my agents are negotiating a new deal with City and I think it’s likely we close it in a very short time.”

Silva is expecting a flurry of transfer activity at the Etihad Stadium this summer, and believes even more medal-laden times are ahead for Roberto Mancini’s side.

“The club are preparing offers for players to improve the squad,” he said. “The project will be very ambitious.”

Leave a Reply