Rio Ferdinand excited by new Manchester United signing Kagawa


Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand has expressed his excitement at linking up with new teammate Shinji Kagawa.

Japanese star joined United from Borussia Dortmund this summer for a fee believed to be in an area of 17 million pounds and plays a major role in the two-time winner of the German club last season's campaign.

And Ferdinand, who faces 23 years in pre-season training, has led to an attacking midfielder to be a hit with the Old Trafford faithful.

The Englishman told MUTV: "I can not wait to see Kagawa in action. I saw him on TV last season and saw him in the Cup final when Bayern Munich to beat Dortmund and he looks very impressive."

"I think many people will be surprised by how good he really is and hopefully he can hit the ground running."

33 years old, left over from England squad for Euro 2012, is also looking forward to returning to action in United's pre-season tour in South Africa, China and Europe.

"I love pre-season. This is the longest time I was dead and I'm raring to go," he enthused.

Leave a Reply