Pranjic 'expects' Everton switch to be completed soon

Danijel Pranjic, FC Bayern Munich

The 31-year-old, who found himself surplus to requirements at Bayern last season, has been linked with a host of clubs from around the world and was subject to, what he described as, an "unbelievable" offer from an unnamed Chinese club back in May.

However, a move to Merseyside now seems likely, with the Toffees keen to replace previously on-loan winger Steven Pienaar after his return to Tottenham at the end of last season.

"I am honoured that such a successful coach wants to sign me, and would be honoured to play for a club like Everton with such a rich history." Pranjic told Sportske Novosti.

"We were very close to completing a deal in January, but then Bayern prevented it going through. I can't say that everything is finished, but next week I'm expecting some concrete developments."

The Croatian international also believes that he still has plenty offer, despite losing the faith of Bayern coach Jupp Heynckes.

He added: "I'm hungry to play again, to fight with my team-mates for success, to play for the fans. I missed all that sitting on the bench at Bayern.

"I'm 31 years old and physically I feel perfect. I have reached my maturation point as a player and as a person, and I think I'm capable of producing the best form of my career.

Leave a Reply