Nesta: Moving to MLS was the logical choice


Alessandro Nesta has revealed that the move to join the Montreal Impact in Major League Soccer is the logical choice for him after leaving AC Milan after the end of his contract.

Veteran defender joined the Canadian club on a free transfer, and explained that he was eager to experience life in North America with his family.

"I met Joey [Saputo, president of the club] and Nick [De Santis, general manager]. We talked about football and I like their ideas," Nesta said at a news conference. "Then they came to visit me in Florida and now here I am. MLS seems like the most logical choice.

"I played in Europe for 20 years. I want something new and different for me and my family. I think Canada or the United States is a perfect place to raise children.

"I have a lot of enthusiasm and desire to put my experience as well. During the last two months I have seen six or seven games on TV; a good standard," he continued.

Back 36 years later admitted that he spoke with former teammate David Beckham's Rossoneri before moving to North America.

"David told me that if you do not train seriously, you risk giving a bad first impression. Seeing the game on TV, I knew he was right," he said. "I have spoken with the coach and said that I would need two or three weeks to get up to speed so I do not give a bad first impression. "

Leave a Reply