Julio Cesar: I'm not leaving Inter

Julio Cesar - Inter (Getty Images)

Julio Cesar insists that the imminent arrival of Samir Handanovic at San Siro will not spell the end of his Inter career.

Udinese confirmed on Wednesday that they had agreed a deal with the Nerazzurri for their Slovenian goalkeeper, prompting immediate speculation that Julio Cesar will now be shown the exit door at Appiano Gentile.

However, the Brazil international insists that Handanovic has been signed as a rival, not an heir.

"I have a contract until 2014," Julio Cesar told Sky Sport Italia. "I am an employee of the club. Will I stay? I think so. We'll train and then we will see. It will be the coach who decides who plays.

"The important thing is that there is a respect among us all. Handanovic is a very good goalkeeper; better for us to have him. We will have three strong goalkeepers."

It has been reported that AC Milan might attempt to lure the Selecao shot-stopper away from its city rival, but Julio Cesar insists that there has been no approach from the Rossoneri.

"There is nothing there," the 32-year-old insisted. "Many people are asking me about this, but there is nothing official."

Meanwhile, Julio Cesar admitted that he is disappointed that Inter has allowed Lucio to leave the club and join bitter rival Juventus on a free transfer.

"I'm losing all my teammates and Brazilian friends," he lamented. "But I hope that I can do everything that he has done in his career. Juve have signed a great defender."

Julio Cesar, who has been capped 64 times, joined Inter from Chievo in 2006.

Leave a Reply