Chelsea's Frank Lampard eager to extend current contract at Stamford Bridge

Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has stated his desire to remain at the club beyond his existing contract which is due to expire in 2013.

The Blues vice-captain has returned to form for club and country in recent weeks, and is currently Chelsea’s top scorer with seven goals so far this season.

Despite reports linking Lampard with a move away from Stamford Bridge, including a switch to LA Galaxy, the 33-year-old is aiming to remain in west London.

"As it stands I have this season and next season and I would love to extend that," Lampard told the Evening Standard.

"As long as the club want me, I will be here. Whatever anyone says about me going anywhere else, I will be here, without a doubt." [Goal.com]

Leave a Reply