Guus Hiddink: I have not told Chelsea to sign Inter's Wesley Sneijder

Guus Hiddink has rubbished rumours that he told Chelsea to sign Inter midfielder Wesley Sneijder.

The 27-year-old playmaker had been linked with a move away from his current employers, but maintained that he intends to remain at the San Siro the coming season.

For his part, the former South Korea coach insists that he has not advised the Blues concerning their transfer dealings, despite being heavily linked with a move to manage the Stamford Bridge outfit following Carlo Ancelotti's exit.

"After the Belgium-Turkey game I went to South Korea. I did not go on holiday," Hiddink said, according to The Mirror.

"I went to one of my projects in the country where I worked during the World Cup of 2002. I do a lot of work for charity there.

"I am busy creating lots of pitches, in particular for handicapped people.

"When I got back to Europe I was confronted with all sorts of stories, saying I had told Chelsea to sign Sneijder. I am not making a fuss about any of the other stories, but I have to make it clear there has been no contact between the club and me in the last couple of weeks.

"I have enough on my plate trying to get Turkey to the Euro finals."

Leave a Reply