Juventus' Amauri thanks Parma for letting him play football again

Juventus owned striker Amauri has thanked Parma for taking him on loan for the second-half of the 2010-11 season.

The Italian international endured a difficult start to the season with the Turin club, falling out of favour with recently sacked coach Luigi Del Neri, making only five starts for the Turin giants in Serie A and scoring no goals.

However, since his January deadline day loan switch to Parma, the Brazilian-born striker has been rejuvenated, scoring an impressive seven goals in 11 appearances.

Amauri is fully aware of the role Parma have played in his return to form and has praised the side.

"I thank the club, president Tommaso Ghirardi and director Pietro Leonardi because they allowed me to get back to playing football. I'm happy with what I achieved," Amauri told Italian media.

"There was a lack of belief toward me in Turin. In January I decided to put myself up for discussion, to join Parma and demonstrate my worth. At the end of the day I was proved right."

The striker's future is currently unknown although Parma have shown an interest in signing the former Palermo player on a permanent deal, something Amauri remains coy about.

"I'll just have to wait and see. I'm a Juventus player and I'll have to return, but you never know what will occur," he added.

Amauri joined the Turin giants for €22.8 million in 2008 and has scored 24 goals for Juventus in 100 appearances.

Leave a Reply